1 cup all purpose flour
3 1/2 tsp Equal or 12 packets
1/8 tsp salt
1 tblspn cornstarch
8 tblspns margarine, cut into pieces
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/2 tsp almond extract
12 whole unblanched almonds or pecan halves
1. Preheat oven to 325.
2. Combine flour, equal, cornstarch, and salt in medium bowl.
3. Cut in margarine with a pastry blender til it resembles coarse crumbs.
4. Sprinkle vanilla and almond flavoring over mixture and stir in.
5. Mix with hands til dough holds together.
6. Pat dough evenly in bottom of greased 8 in round cake pan.
7. Lightly cut dough into 12 wedges with a sharp knife, cutting halfway through dough.
8. Pierce each wedge 2 or 3 times with a fork and press a nut into each wedge.
9. Bake at 325 for 25-30minutes til lightly browned.